On cold, rainy Vancouver days like today, the long, hot sunny days of summer seem far way indeed. Thankfully, during the summer we froze at least 5 lbs of plump, succulent local blueberries! They are perfect in recipes like this one for blueberry ricotta muffins. Maybe summer isn't that far away afterall.
Ingredients2 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
2 eggs, large
1/3 c honey
1/3 c milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c ricotta
1 tbsp lemon or orange zest
1-1/2 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray or grease 12 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, milk, zest and vanilla.
- Stir ricotta into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gently, combine until just mixed.
- Divide equally among 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack.Remove muffins after pan has cooled for 10 minutes.