Makes approx 4 dozen cookies.
Ingredients2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp hot water
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
2-2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the espresso powder and hot water in a small bowl.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, hot water and coffee until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chips.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, place batter onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- They will be slightly cracked and shiny.
- Cool for two minutes and then move to a cooling rack. As they cool, the cookies lose the shiny look and will flatten a bit.
- If you think they are too flat, place the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes or so.