We ate this salsa with homemade baked tortillas. You can use this recipe to make your own...just leave off the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper before putting them in the oven.
Ingredients2-3 lbs tomatoes, halved
3 jalapenos, stem removed
1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch rings
1 nectarine, pit removed and halved
1 head garlic
1/4 c olive oil
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Space everything over a couple of baking sheets - leave room - you want to roast the ingredients not steam them.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and a bit of salt.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until jalapenos are blackened, garlic is soft and tomatoes are dark.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Place everything in a food processor (including juices on pan). Process until desired consistency is reached. I like it a bit chunky but process longer if you prefer it smoother.
Other salsa recipes to try: