Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Refresher Smoothie

withinthekitchen.blogspot.com
I'm not a big fan of kale - unless it's in a smoothie. I thought the kale and strawberries would shine in this smoothie but I was wrong! The ginger is the star of the show here. Even though you don't use much its flavour and refreshing nature gets top billing.

Speaking of top billing, are you watching the Oscars tonight? I am but have to admit that I haven't watched many of the nominated shows this year (except the animation ones - thanks kids!). Oh well, my favorite part is the pre-show red carpet reports - who will be the best dressed?? My money is on Lupita Nyong'o!
withinthekitchen.blogspot.com
Makes 2 smoothies.

Ingredients

handful of frozen sliced strawberries
1/2 ripe avocado
1 cup chopped frozen kale
1 inch piece of peeled ginger, chopped
2 tsp ginger syrup (optional)
1.5 cups low fat milk
water to cover (if needed)

Instructions

Blend everything in Nutribullet or blender until smooth and desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment