I love oatmeal cookies, do you? These are buttery, chocolatey and semi-healthy thanks to the whole wheat flour and oats. Your kids will love to find them in their lunch bags and you'll love them as a coffee break snack :)
Ingredients3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup regular all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups mini chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
3 cups rolled oats
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In another large bowl whisk together flours, baking soda, oats, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugars for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time to butter mixture. Beat for 30 seconds per egg and scrape down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla. Beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture and combine until just mixed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chips and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto cookie sheet lined with parchment or silpat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.