Monday, February 3, 2014

Detox Lemon Spinach Smoothie

withinthekitchen.blogspot.com

Do you detox? Honestly, I don't... I think our bodies are set up to detoxify all by themselves. Of course, we tend to put  a lot of stuff into our bodies that it really doesn't need ... too much sugar, caffeine, refined flour etc etc. And I for one will not be giving up all of that! So, to me, this smoothie is my way of putting a few good things into my body to make up for the junk. It's especially good when I have a sweet craving. The heat from the chili flakes and the tartness of the lemon seem to make the sweet craving go away...usually :)

Detox Lemon Spinach Smoothie - withinthekitchen.blogspot.com

Makes two small servings.

Ingredients

2 cups spinach
1/2 c frozen  blueberries
juice of 1 lemon
1/8-1/4 tsp chili flakes (depending on how much spice you can take)
1 apple, quartered, skin on
1 cup of cold water or enough to cover fruits and veggies

Instructions

Place everything in lender or Nutribullet. Blend until very smooth - about 1 minute.

Other smoothies you should try:
Green Goodness
Avocado Strawberry Smoothie
Blueberry Mango Smoothie
Blueberry Banana Tofu Smoothie
Pomegranate and Kale Smoothie
Strawberry Muesli Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment