Monday, January 13, 2014

Simple Deviled Eggs


Back in the house of my childhood, the door was always open. Not only was it open to anyone who wanted to stop in for a cup of tea or even a meal, we never locked our door...can you imagine that today?? We turn on the alarm every time we leave the house! Those were the good ol'days, I guess. It was also the days of deviled eggs. I remember them showing up at parties and special events. Oh, how I loved them. Then they went away, not to be seen again for years. Thankfully, I've noticed a revival of sorts in these lovely little bites of creaminess. The door may be locked but if you knock, I just might have an egg or two for you.  

These deviled eggs make a great snack or even lunch. I use miracle whip to cut down on fat content but you could use mayo if desired.



Ingredients

8 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup low fat miracle whip or mayonnaise
pinch of salt
1 heaping tbsp of grainy mustard
pinch of pepper
1 tbsp relish

Toppings you may want to use: hot sauce, celery salt, capers, paprika.


Instructions


  1. Peel hard boiled eggs and cut in half.
  2. Gently remove yolks and place in medium sized bowl. Place egg whites on serving dish.
  3. Mash yolks with rest of ingredients until smooth.
  4. Place yolk mixture in a medium sized ziploc bag. Snip off end and fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
  5. Top deviled eggs with whatever you desire - I used hot sauce, celery salt, paprika and capers.


2 comments:

  1. I like deviled eggs! They are easy to make and also look pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deviled eggs are one of my favorite appetizers. This looks like a fantastic recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete