|Prunes come together quickly in the food processor.|
They are packed with nutrition with a hint of sweetness and best of all no baking involved if you buy toasted pumpkin seeds!
Ingredients2 cups pitted prunes
1/2 c pumpkin butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup sweetened cranberries
3 cups oats
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Spray a 9 x 11 pan with baking spray and cover the bottom and 2 sides with parchment. Spray parchment again. This will make it easier to remove the bars later.
- Place prunes in food processor and pulse until they are well chopped and starting to look well mashed.
- Heat honey, maple syrup, oil and pumpkin butter over medium low heat until it is well combined and just beginning to simmer.
- If desired toast oats in oven at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Place oats, prunes, spice, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds and cranberries in bowl and combine well.
- Add warmed honey mixture and stir until well combined being careful not to burn yourself.
- Place mixture in pan and gently spread until even and about 1 inch thick.
- If you don't have a 9 x 11 pan you can use a 9 x 13 and just make them thinner or don't spread all the way out. The mixture is stiff enough that you can easily shape it to the length you desire.
- Let sit until room temperature or place in fridge for a few hours before cutting into bars. I usually make 28 small bars.
These can also be frozen.