I received a wonderful package this month from first time participant Hailey! It was filled with great snacks, treats and meal possibilities. It included hot chocolate - with all the miserable weather here in Vancouver hot chocolate is always good to have on hand. The bag of matcha pocky sticks were devoured right away as was the cookies (claimed by my kids!). My son was also super happy to see the Chapagetti - he LOVES noodles. The M bar was great as a post run snack! And the curry will make a great part of a dinner. Thanks Hailey!
She was so sweet that she also added a hand written recipe for a lemon sugar scrub - the kids can't wait to make it and try it out (me too!).
And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for June, please CLICK HERE (www.theleangreenbean.
to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
*If you're from Europe, please CLICK HERE (www.thisisrocksalt.com/