Monday, May 3, 2010

Candy Coated Chocolate Strawberries



Local strawberry season doesn't start till June but I couldn't wait another month when I came across some beautiful organic strawberries at the market last week. After enjoying their pure unadulterated goodness right out of the carton (well, after washing them), I thought I would jazz up the rest with chocolate! And to please the kids we added some sprinkles and sugar...so cute and delcious!



Ingredients:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
12 strawberries
1/3 cup each of various sprinkles and/or sanding sugar
12 lollipop sticks (optional)

Melt the milk chocolate chips in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water or melt in microwave (full power 30 seconds, stir, reheat for 10 second intervals and stir again if needed) .

Poke a strawberry with a fork or lollpop stick and dip it into the melted chocolate.

Immediately roll in your favorite sprinkles or sanding sugar. Lay on a baking sheet covered in waxed paper or a silpat to set or if on sticks place in mug or glass (strawberry up!) until set.
 
So simple, so delicious. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! I'll bet your kids had a ball with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very pretty especially on a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love it. My kids would be all over this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using these for my friend's bridal shower! Oh, they're so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously think I am making this tomorrow. My son would go bananas.

    ReplyDelete