Friday, April 9, 2010

Easy Homemade Salsa






I had some roma tomatoes that had to be used quickly or they would spoil. I hate wasting food so when I suggested nachos for dinner and everyone agreed I was a happy girl. I quickly chopped up the tomatoes and a few other ingredients to make this tasty salsa.

Ingredients
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 chopped jalapenos, including sseds
1/2 red onion, fine chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lime, juiced
6-10 shakes of chipotle hot sauce
handful freah cilantro, chopped
Chili powder, salt, and pepper, to taste


Method
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in refrigerator for up to 12 hours so flavors can come together. Also, good as soon as it is mixed!

Makes approximately 2 cups.


Serve with tortilla chips.


Note:
This is a very basic salsa recipe. It serves as a good platform to advanced your salsa making abilities. For instance, you could roast the garlic and jalapenos for greater depth of flavour. Add black beans or corn or red pepers...or anything else you think would taste great. Ole!

11 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I like to make my own flour tortillas, since they are not available in Bulgaria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using what was on hand! THe salsa looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than homemade salsa! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salsa and this looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm looks great. I love the fresh flavors of homemade salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your salsa looks so delicious. It's funny, salsa is one of easiest and fastest things to make yet we keep buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How easy! Fresh salsa is SO much better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I love to make it at home. Its always so fresh and I can contol the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fresh and delicious. Nachos for dinner sound like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The salsa looks so fresh and appetizing! Love homemade salsa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great salsa recipe and photos! As a Mexican I can also say very authentic :)

    ReplyDelete