Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pretty-in-Pink Purse Cake

Pretty-in-Pink Purse Cake
From Purse Cake

I made this cake for a friend's birthday. She has more handbags than anyone I know!

It's really simple to make. Bake your favorite 8 or 9 inch 2-layer cake and mix up a batch of your favorite icing. Cut off a couple of inches of one end of both cakes so that you can stand up the cakes. Spread a layer of icing between the cakes and stand them up. Icing the outside of the cakes and smooth.

If you are using fondant, colour as desired. Roll out fondant and cut one inch strips to cover cake as in picture. Also roll out bag trimming. Cut another piece for the handle. I also cut out, with small cookie cutters, a few fondant pieces to decorate the purse.

Hope you like it, as much as I do!
From Purse Cake
From Purse Cake
From Purse Cake

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Is that an LV? :D Very nicely done. Your friend must've loved it. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! No not an LV - I can't even afford one of those in the form of a cake! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son next to me just said out loud: "WOW, that's a nice cake!" I agree. :)
    (found you at foodblogforum)

    ReplyDelete