Sunday, February 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chip Cookies
So after making my trio of Haystacks last week, my chocolate chips were severely depleted. The only sweet things I had left in my pantry were some peanut butter flavoured chips, butterscotch chips and a few Skor™ bits. I rarely make any “chip” cookies other than chocolate but what’s a Mom to do when her 3 year old wants to make cookies?? I threw it all together and hoped for the best. The results are quite good though the butterscotch chips are very sweet so if you prefer your cookies less so then cut down on the amount or throw in another flavour of chips.

I have also included a “recipe card” that you should be able to print off on paper or as a 4x6 photo. Let me know if it works!

Ingredients:

• 2/3 cup melted butter
• 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup peanut butter chips
• 1 cup butterscotch chips
• ½ cup Skor™ bits

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F .

2. In large bowl, beat melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth about 3-4 minutes.

3. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until combined.

4. Stir in all chips and bits.

5. Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.

6. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes; remove to wire rack.


Makes about 5 dozen small cookies. Store in airtight container. Should last about a week…if you can keep your hand out of the cookies jar!

5 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! I know what you mean by the sweetness of butterscotch chips - they can definitely overpower a good cookie if you're not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these sound and look so sweet and delicious! I bet the kitchen smelled scrumptious when those were in the oven baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Don't Have Peanut Butter Chips, CAn i Use Just Peanut Butter Instead? And How Would I Do It?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but you could make these ones instead. If you don't have chips of any kind just omit. http://withinthekitchen.blogspot.ca/2010/07/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies.html

      Delete